The Cooperative Education & Internship Association (CEIA), the leader in work-integrated learning, provides a supportive member-driven learning community for participating programs, students, educators and employers; influences policy makers and leaders of thought; and forges partnerships with like-minded groups.
- CEIA believes that students, employers, educational institutions and communities benefit from effective work-integrated learning programs.
- We believe that education can be enhanced through application in a structured work environment and that work provides an environment for continuous learning.
- We recognize our effort in promoting work-integrated learning constitutes an investment in our students and our communities that will result in long-term benefits.
- To these end, we uphold and support a member driven community that VALUES:
- Diversity & Cooperation
- Collaboration, Communication & Learning
- Quality, Efficiency, & Effectiveness
- Responsibility & Accountability
- Continuous Improvement
As the leader in work-integrated learning, CEIA will be viewed locally and internationally as:
- A professional and productive organization serving students, educational institutions, employing organizations, and governmental agencies
- A highly valued partner with state, regional, national, and world associations that promote the concept, acceptance, development, and implementation of work-integrated learning.
As a result of these interactions, CEIA will:
- Advocate and promote the growth of cooperative education and internships as effective learning strategies
- Develop and maintain partnerships
- Make professional and ethical decisions
- Foster an appreciation for cultural and programmatic diversity among members
- Facilitate communication and member involvement to promote inclusiveness
- Provide member with quality products and services
- Promote ongoing research and assessment
- Support constituent needs for training and professional development
- Function with efficiency, effectiveness and fiscal responsibility
- Implement systems to assure accountability and evaluation for continuous improvement