Dear CEIA Members,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 academic year for CEIA!
I am a longtime CEIA member (Region 4 – Midwest) and look forward to serving you as the Association’s president. I greatly value my CEIA membership and the growth opportunities that the organization has provided. As we begin this challenging year together, please know that CEIA is working hard to continue its outstanding programs and services offered in a variety of modalities. We are focused on bringing you great value for your CEIA membership.
Here are 4 ways that we will KEEP YOU IN THE KNOW:
1) Virtual Offerings: Now more than ever, staying up to date on best practices and emerging trends will help you to navigate the many changes affecting the field of Experiential Education. Just this spring CEIA offered over 20 informative webinars and most were FREE for members! Check out the Knowledge Zone for any upcoming webinars. We will keep you informed of virtual offerings via Member Announcements, CEIA NewsBrief, and Social Media posts.
2) Colleague Connections: Networking is alive and well at CEIA. Stay connected with your colleagues by attending virtual programs. Volunteer to serve on a CEIA Committee. Take part in opportunities to celebrate achievements in the field. In the fall, there will be a call to nominate students, employers, and educators for prestigious awards.
3) Informative Resources: CEIA is dedicated to sharing helpful resources. Our members are thought leaders and elevate the field of Cooperative Education and Internships. The member portal on our website provides access to:
– Past Webinar Recordings
– Benchmarking Surveys
– Regional Updates
– Skills, Tool Hotspot and MORE!
4) Leadership Development: CEIA is passionate about building leaders in the field of Cooperative Education and Internships. Membership provides you with opportunities to demonstrate your expertise. Consider advancing your professional development by:
– Presenting at our Annual Conference
– Publishing in CEIA’s Experience Magazine™
– Researching the WIL Portal for Journal Articles
– Participating in CEIA’s Academy
My hope is that your CEIA membership will prove to be greatly beneficial during this COVID era and beyond. Please know that your Association needs you! For many years, CEIA has had a strong community of over 700 members. Please help to encourage others to join CEIA, so that we can continue to have an outstanding professional development association.
With appreciation of your involvement,
Dawn Koeltzow, CEIA President 2020-2021
Workforce Equity Project Director, Illinois Central College
This post was written by CEIA Inc