The Cooperative Education and Internship Association (CEIA) will be recognized nationally and globally as the leader in work-integrated learning and experiential education. We develop thought leaders in the field through peer mentorship, innovative programming, and quality research.
The Cooperative Education and Internship Association (CEIA) elevates the field through a member-driven community of educators, employers, researchers, students, and partner agencies. As the leader in work-integrated learning, we provide opportunities for professional development while advocating for best practices in co-ops, internships, and other forms of experiential education.
- Excellence: Strive for quality and innovation in program and resource delivery.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Value diversity and cultivate an inclusive environment.
- Community: Build relationships, celebrate achievements, and provide multiple opportunities for member engagement.
- Professional Development: Foster leadership development for the future of experiential education.
- Stewardship: Care for and manage the association with integrity, transparency, accountability, and thoughtful leadership.
- Collaboration: Develop strategic partnerships and best practices to advance the field.
CEIA’s revised vision, mission, and core values were adopted January, 2019.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
CEIA is cultivating an environment where members of all identities, beliefs, and backgrounds are included, supported and uplifted. To build a sustainable, inclusive environment for the association, the CEIA Board of Directors has strategically taken the following actions since January 2019:
- Added diversity & inclusion as a core value of the association, adopted a diversity & inclusion commitment statement in the association by-laws for board and committee member recruitment, and revised the business plan to prioritize implementing diversity, equity and inclusion across the organization.
- Created the Diversity & Inclusion Committee and added an Associate Board of Director position for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives to intentionally improve CEIA policies, practices, and membership engagement
- Distributed a survey to members and stakeholders inviting them to share their perspective on issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion in our profession.
- Published statements of support: CEIA – Standing Against Racism Statement and Statement: Verdict of Derek Chauvin being found guilty of all charges in the murder of George Floyd.
- Established and raised funds for the inaugural CEIA Diversity Fellowship.